Desert Water Agency Segment – October 6, 2023
3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 1 – Desert Water Agency Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
DESERT WATER AGENCY w/ Xochitl Pena re: 1200 S. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT that her name is Aztec and means “flower”.
– QUESTIONS FROM “JOEY PALS”
1. I have a business in Cathedral City and have been told I cannot water the grass around my place of business. (True. Order from the State of CA. Can’t water “non-functional” grass.)
– REPORT on when to water the grass @ your home. Daylight watering restrictions have been lifted for homeowners.
– REPORT that we have new incentives about saving both money and water.
– REPORT on NEW INCENTIVES.
1. From last Sept., for residential toilets that are highly efficient. Must apply within 45 days of purchase.
2. Smart controller incentive. $150 for the device and $100 for installation. Can program from your phone.
3. Energy-Star washing machines have up to $250.
4. Toilets for businesses have an different type of incentive for toilets. (great for hotels – up to 100 toilets) Go to www.dwa.org/save.
– DISCUSSION of Astro turf. You can replace your grass w/ artificial turf or desert landscaping.
– REPORT that FIRST you have DWA come out estimate the area you are going to replace. $3. Sq. foot. Fill out an application FIRST. There is a $1. “match” if you live in the City of Palm Springs.
– REPORT that the customer is responsible for the removal and re-do.
– REPORT that all this information is on www.dwa.org/grass.
– REPORT that some people do this on their own.
– REPORT that DWA will do a post inspection and then you will be paid the $3. Sq. foot.
– REMINDER to leave your sprinklers off 48 hours after a SIGNIFICANT rain.
– DISCUSSION of the impact of Hurricane Hilary on our water table.
– (contact info: www.dwa.org.and (760) 323-4971)