Museums Segment – October 4, 2023
3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 3 – Museums Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
PALM SPRINGS AIR MUSEUM w/ Ann Greer re: 745 N. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262. The Patriotic Center of the Coachella Valley.
– REPORT that Sat., mornings from 10:30 – 12:30 PM “Open Cockpits” included w/ Museum admission.
HOLD THE DATE;
1, Sat., Oct., 28. “Classic Car Show (w/ Desert Classic Car Association) and Chili Cookoff” (recipes made by LuLu.) $1. A taste or 6 tastes for $5. Volunteers dress in Halloween Costumes. Probably 200 cars. Lots of prizes. Funds go toward the Christmas Party for the Volunteers. Enter your car on the website.
2. Nov., 11 – Veterans Day air fair and the nose of the B29.
– REPORT that the Museum is open every day from 10 AM to 5 PM. that KIDS 12 and under get in FREE w/ a paying adult. Friendly dogs on a leash. DO NOT LEAVE PETS IN A CAR.
– REPORT that all hangers are air conditioned in 91,000 sq. feet of exhibit space.
– REPORT on the gift shop where you can go in and shop without going into the Museum
– REPORT that you can go into the Café and not go into the Museum. (Best tuna fish sandwich)
– (contact info: www.palmspringsairmuseum.org and (760) 778-6262.)
– REPORT ON ACT FOR MS; provide FREE programs for 96 clients and their families in the Coachella Valley.
– REPORT on HOLD THE DATES:
1. Nov., 12 – “Festival of Lights” @ a private home.
2. Nov., 29 – Christmas Event @ the P.S. Air Museum
3. Feb., 19 – Golf Tourney @ Palm Valley
4. Ap., 6 – 25th Gala
– DISCUSSION of the wonderful grant Act For MS received for mental health support.
(contact info: www.actforms.org and ((760) 773-9806).
Cont. PALM SPRINGS ART MUSEUM w/ Scott Slaven re; Director of Marketing and Communications 101 N. Museum Dr. P.S. 92262.
– REMINDER; Open Thurs., Fri., Sat., and Sun., 10 to 5 except Thurs. night from 12 to 8 and then admission is FREE due to City of Palm Springs from 5 to 8. DJ’s.
– HOLD THE DATES;
1. Oct., 21 – Artful Events fundraising events. “Desert Art Salon and Sale”. 27 artists have donated work for sale that can be seen on the website. At Mark and Stuart’s home.
2. Oct., 22 – Dia De Los Muertos themed Family Day from 12 to 5.
3. Oct,. 26 – “Mixed Feelings” Series returns. 2 completely unrelated topics/speakers and then the audience gets to ask questions. First one is “Vegan Meats and the Representations of Zombies”!!!!
4. Oct., 29 – FREE “Dia De Los Muertos” Register in advance. For the whole family.
5. Nov., 19 – New exhibition opening “Kali – Artographer”. About a Long Island housewife who left her family and settled here in P.S. and became a famous photographer. One-of-a-kind images. New member magazine has an interview w/ her daughter.
– (contact info: www.psmuseum.org and (760) 322-4800)