D.O.H.C./Women’s Segment – August 22, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 3 – D.O.H.C./Women’s Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
DESERT OASIS HEALTH CARE/WOMEN’S SEGMENT w/ Dr. Loren Khoury re: Internal Medicine and Primary Care Specialist.
– THEME FOR THE DAY; Sarcopenia (loss of muscle mass and strength)
– REPORT that this effects both men and women, but mostly women after menopause.
– REPORT that muscle mass peaks @ age 30.
– DISCUSSION of how muscle mass is measured. 1. Grip strength and 2. Gait tempo.
– REPORT on key factors to prevent loss of muscle mass. Silent issues, not usually painful.
1. Physical activity/resistance training 2 or 3 times a week.
2. Eat enough protein.
– REPORT that the heart is a different type of muscle fiber.
– (contact info; www.mydohc.com and (760) 320-8814).