Palm Springs International Airport Segment – September 5, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 2 – Palm Springs International Airport Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
PALM SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT w/ Daniel Meier. Re: Deputy Director of Aviation, Marketing & Air Service @ Palm Springs International Airport.
– REPORT that temperatures can affect take-offs and landings. Even 747’s can land here. Pilots/airlines make the go or no go call.
– REPORT that the new website is up and running. i.e. TSA checkpoint wait times, lost and found etc.
– REPORT that Dec., 14 Alaska Airlines starts their new non-stop service from PSP to JFK. It will run 5 days a week thru April. And Jet Blue has the “red-eye” to New York as well.
– REPORT on the FUSE CONNECT coming on board to be the new in-terminal concession vendor. Lots of digital application.
– REPORT that the new concourse will open w/ all the new restaurants and shops will open this Fall. Trio and El Mirasol are coming into the Airport. Then there will be 6 restaurants.
– REPORT that there is a new website that will tell you what you can and cannot take. www.tsa.gov and go to the section “what can I bring”.
– REPORT on the new check-in procedure; i.e. TSA. (www.tsa.gov) US Global Entry; Clear (www.clearme.com). Now you don’t have to go to a TSA office, starting soon will just have to go to PSP.
– (contact info: www.flypsp.com)