American Legion Segment – August 8, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 1 – American Legion Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
American Legion Dept. of CA (Salinas Heritage Group) w/ Amado Salinas. National Legislative Council for the Dept., of CA.; National Media and Communications Committee for the American Legion; Judge Advocate Dept., of CA. of the American Legion; Area 5 District 1 First Vice for membership; Life member of American Legion Post 519 @ 400 N. Belardo, Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT on how important membership numbers are in order to get funding for Veteran’s programs.
– REPORT to HOLD THE DATE; Aug., 19 Rally for Vets “Be the One”. The rally starts in LA and will go all the way to D.C. Palm Springs will be the first official stop after L.A. Post 519 @ 5. PM.
– INTRODUCTION of the guest he brought Mitch King.
– CONVERSATION w/ Mitch King.
– REPORT on Mitch’s passion for the Canine Veterans and the development of the frozen dog treat, “Fido Gelato”, made right here in Palm Springs. It’s healthy, natural, “made for dogs, safe for humans”.
– REPORT on the peanut and banana flavors for the doggies.
– REPORT that a portion of the purchase price is donated to The Veterans Initiative for Canine Companions as well as to Animal Samaritans.
– REPORT that Canine Companions trains dogs to help prevent the over 22 Veterans a Day that die of suicide. The dogs are trained to sense anxiety, to soothe nightmares.
– DISCUSSION on how the dogs are placed. Info at www.cci.org or call 1 800 572-BARK.
– REPORT that local businesses can have “Fido Gelato” to sell @ their restaurant.
– DISCUSSION that he plans to make “Gato Gelato” for cats.
– (contact info; www.mylegion.org or www.rallyforvets.com and (760) 325-6229)