Sports Segment – August 29, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 1 – Sports Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
COACHELLA VALLEY FIREBIRDS w/ Evan Pivnick Director Broadcast and Communications. 75-702 Varner Road, Palm Desert, CA. 92211.
– REPORT on the coolness of being “on the ice” in the heat of the summer. Burger Foundation Ice-Plex w/ year-round practice ice.
– DISCUSSION of home opener for the Firebirds season is Oct., 13. The Firebirds were 1 goal away from wining the Championship in their first year last Season.
– DISCUSSION of the tremendous community/family involvement created almost instantly by the Firebirds. The “marriage” of the Native American Culture, the NHL Seattle Kraken, the CV Community, etc. created by the CV Firebirds.
– REPORT that the Firebirds are in the American Hockey League.
– DISCUSSION that women enjoy watching hockey.
– REPORT on the educational aspect of the Team/Ice-Plex/Firebirds. Classes for all levels of “learn to skate”, “learn to play hockey”, and for all ages. Also the extended “stick to reading” in the CV Classrooms programs. Fuego, the mascot has the “anti-bullying” programs for schools. Creates the right kind of “morals”, “common-sense” and heroes for the children and the Community.
– REPORT that you can rent skates and/or “walkers”. www.bergerfoundationiceplex.com. Register for classes on-line.
– REPORT on how Evan “calls” the games. Hockey is “so fast” and you forget the players are skating!!!!
Really great to see in person.
– REPORT that all games are played @ the Acrisure Arena, Thousand Palms, CA.
– REPORT that season tickets and half-season tickets are on sale now. All promo nights announced NOW.
– DISCUSSION of all the food venders, inside and out. Buzz-box, etc.
– Arena holds 10,087 for hockey.
– Parking is right there are well.
– (contact info: www.cvfirebirds.com www.acrisurearena.com and (760) 835-8778.