D.O.H.C. Segment – July 19, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 1 – D.O.H.C. Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
DESERT OASIS HEALTH CARE/WOMEN’S SEGMENT w/ Dr. Loren Khoury re: Internal Medicine and Primary Care Specialist.
– THEME FOR THE DAY; Bone Health
– REPORT that bone health does not get enough attention especially after menopause, women’s bones change.
– REPORT that we make more bone than we break down until the age of 30 when we start to lose 2% of our bone density each year after menopause.
– DISCUSSION of how bone density is measured. A type of X-Ray.
– REPORT on key factors to bone health.
1. Take over 1200 mg of calcium a day for women over 50.
2. Take about 800 to 1000 units a day of Vit. D3.
3. Avoid smoking.
4. Moderate use of alcohol.
5. Weight bearing exercise.
– REPORT to beware of getting osteoporosis, because 20% of folks die within 1st year after fracturing a hip.
– (contact info; www.mydohc.com and (760) 842-7970).