Tours Segment – August 1, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 3 – Tours Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
RED JEEP TOURS “MOUNTAINS OF FUN” w/ Rick Curtiss re; 74-794 Lennon Pl., Ste., B. Palm Desert.
– REPORT that in August they are only doing morning tours now. They have 15 Jeeps and 2 SUVs. They have 40 drivers/guides. All are well-trained and make their own tours up. Although there is a list of required things to show on the tour. They run tours 3 or 4 days a week depending on the heat.
1. San Andreas Fault Tour – the regular main tour in the morning.
2. Indian Canyons – only in the weekends, weather permitting.
3. Still doing Joshua Tree – leave the Valley early to avoid the heat..
4. Cancelling the Painted Canyon Tour in the summer.
– REPORT that they are only doing one tour and get off the Desert floor before it gets hot. Start earlier.
– REPORT that there are 5 Canyons; Palm, Andreas, Murray, Chino and Tahquitz.
– REPORT that Palm Trees won’t even begin to grow unless they have water….”feet in the water and heads in the sun”. Water has to be within 3 feet or so to grow a Palm.
– DISCUSSION of the snakes in the Desert. Mojave Green is a type of rattlesnake. They are up in the High Desert mostly.
– DISCUSSION that snakes are male and female snakes. They lay eggs and immediately they give birth.
– REPORT that Rattlesnakes get a new rattle every year that they shed their skin.
– REPORT that the Rattlesnakes lay still until they are ready to strike.
– REPORT that snakes can strike 1/3 of their body length.
– (contact info; www.red-jeep.com and (760 324-5337).