Palm Springs Air Museum Segment – June 7, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 2 – Palm Springs Air Museum Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
PALM SPRINGS AIR MUSEUM w/ Ann Greer re: 745 N. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– The Patriotic Center of the Coachella Valley.
– REPORT on the Mon., May 29; Memorial Day Flower Drop. Red carnations for the more recent wars; white carnations are for past wars. 50th anniversary of the end of the Viet Nam War. The Gold Star families were honored. There were food vendors, jazz musicians and PB4Y-2 the world’s ONLY flying one.
– REPORT that for $25. You can “sponsor” a POW bracelet. In the Fall there will be an evening event to honor the POW’s.
– REPORT that the Air Museum s open from 10 AM to 5 PM every single day. 73 airplanes.
– REPORT that the Disney Plane “The Mouse” along w/ the documentary about it are on now.
– REPORT that all hangers are air conditioned in 91,000 sq. feet of exhibit space.
– REPORT that there is the F-117 Nighthawk Stealth Fighter display up in the Jim Houston Pavilion.
– REPORT on the summer camps available. www.smarteducation.us is their partner for weekly camps arranged by age. One family activity a month too.
– REPORT that KIDS 12 and under get in FREE w/ a paying adult. Friendly dogs on a leash. – (contact info: www.psairmuseum.org and (760) 778-6262.)