D.O.H.C. Segment – June 21, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 1 – D.O.H.C. Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
DESERT OASIS HEALTH CARE/WOMEN’S SEGMENT w/ Dr. Loren Khoury re: Internal Medicine and Primary Care Specialist.
– REPORT that the month of May included National Women’s Health Week starting on Mother’s Day. And June is Cancer Survivors Awareness Month.
– REPORT that cancer is #2 cause of death for women in the U.S. after heart disease.
– REPORT that the top 3 cancers that affect women are 1. Lung; 2. Breast; (incidents have gone UP but deaths have gone DOWN) and 3. Colon AND there are good screening tools and treatments available for all 3 types.
– DISCUSSION that treatment is better if cancer is detected earlier rather than later.
– DISCUSSION of the frequency needed for each type of the top 3 cancers.
– REPORT that there is a change in the guidelines for screening breast cancer….now it’s 40 and then once a year. Men can also get breast cancer….and there is a way to do a mammogram on a man.
– REPORT on the home colon cancer kits. NOT better than a colonoscopy. Now younger patients are getting colon cancer. Now screening is suggested @ 45 and then every 10 years after that.
– DISCUSSION of cervical cancer screening and to check every 5 years at least.
– (contact info; www.mydohc.com and (760) 842-7970).