American Legion Segment – June 13, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 1 – American Legion Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
American Legion Dept. of CA (Salinas Heritage Group) w/ Amado Salinas and McArvie Crawford, Jr.. 400 N. Belardo, Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT that our American Legion here in Palm Springs. We are Area 5, Dist. 21, Post 519 and Amado is the National Legislative Representative on the Media Communications and Legislative Council.
– REPORT on June 6 anniversary of the Normandy Invasion. We have some living Veterans of WWII. Local George Clampa’s book “Silent Dog Tags.”
– REPORT on what PTS is now and how the American Legion is educating folks about the “Be The One” program to be the one person a depressed or suicidal person calls. Amado is a suicide survivor. Honoring Miss Joey English w/ the “Be The One” designation.
– REPORT on the events he has orchestrated and the participation of “Angel Force Awareness”. June 14, the same presentation @ the Richard Nixon Library to honor the Viet Nam vets.
– REPORT that they will be retiring flags today @ Post 519 today.
– DISCUSSION w/ McArvie Crawford, Jr. who is now the American Legion Youth Baseball Commissioner. His service in the Air Force and Police Department.
We have 37 teams in CA. Need for volunteers for coaches, umpires, sponsors. Score-keepers etc. Especially for the Sand Lot Teams (5 to 14 years).
– REPORT on how to help American Legion Baseball Team. (760) 459-9617. NEED FOR ANY USED BASEBALL EQUIPMENT.
– REPORT on the upcoming tournament in San Diego Area.
– (contact info; www.mylegion.org or www.legionbaseball.org and (760) 325-6229)