Desert Water Agency Segment – May 5, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 1 – Desert Water Agency Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
DESERT WATER AGENCY w/ Xochitl Pena re: 1200 S. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– DISCUSSION of the impact of the heat we are getting ready for on our grass and the increased water use we will experience. TIME TO CHECK YOUR SPRINKLERS.
– DISCUSSION of how the Board of Directors is easing back on the restrictions. We went from level 2 to level 1.
– REPORT that you should water either earlier or later in the day so that there is less evaporation.
– REPORT on your list of things to watch for;
1. Look for water running either on your property or down the street.
2. If you see moss developing anywhere that could mean there’s a water leak close by.
3. If you see low flow in any of your sprinkler heads that could mean there’s a clog somewhere.
– REPORT that DWA also offers incentives for smart controllers, water efficient nozzles and washing machines. Info @ www.dwa.org/save.
– REPORT that to report any water waste go to www.dwa.org/report.
– REPORT that DWA will come help you inspect your system.
– REPORT on new water sprinkler timers. $150. Credit toward the device and up to $100. credit to install.
– REMINDER to leave your sprinklers off for 48 hours after a rain fall.
– (contact info: www.dwa.org.and (760) 323-4971)