Desert Water Agency Segment – April 14, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 1 – Desert Water Agency Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
DESERT WATER AGENCY w/ Xochitl Pena re: 1200 S. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT that the Governor of CA. eased the drought restrictions in the state of CA.
– DISCUSSION that we no longer have to decrease water usage by 15% voluntarily.
– REPORT that restriction of watering only during daylight hours and providing water without asking in restaurants is STILL IN EFFECT.
– DISCUSSION of the impact of the recent rain for our water table here and in Northern CA. as well. We actually have “right” to some of the water in Northern CA, to replenish what we “pump out” and deliver to us here in the Coachella Valley.
– DISCUSSION of how safe our water is given the water issues w/ the train derailment in Ohio?
– REPORT that our water is tested over some 1,000 times a year.
– DISCUSSION that the results of these tests are put in the annual water quality report.
– REPORT on the testing stations set up all around the service area….425 miles of water pipeline serving different reservoirs.
– REPORT that DWA also offers incentives for smart controllers, water efficient nozzles and washing machines. Info @ www.dwa.org/save.
– REMINDER that there are watering restrictions; no watering in daylight hours and restaurants cannot serve water unless requested.
– REPORT that to report any water waste go to www.dwa.org/report.
– REPORT that we must all help w/ the statewide drought. Rules on how to “check” your sprinkler system. DWA will come help you inspect your system.
– REPORT on new water sprinkler timers. $150. Credit toward the device and up to $100. credit to install.
– REMINDER to leave your sprinklers off for 48 hours after a rain fall.
– (contact info: www.dwa.org.and (760) 323-4971)