cont.“Senior Moment” Segment – March 8, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 2 – cont.“Senior Moment” Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
DEMENTIA HELP CENTER w/ Lisa Stanford re: 75-270 Hwy., 111, Ste., 204, Indian Wells 92210.
– MISSION STATEMENT that Dementia Help Center is the rescue plan for family caregivers. Fear cripples, but knowledge empowers.
– DISCUSSION of the programs that @ Neuro Vitality Center offers.
– QUESTIONS FROM “JOEY PALS” FOR NEXT TIME.
1. Do people increase their chances of getting dementia if they take sleeping pills.
– REPORT on how important it is for care-givers to have a support group. Every journey is different.
– THEME FOR TODAY:
1. How do you determine when it’s time to place your loved one in a care facility.
– If you are asking that question, it’s probably time.
– Need to recognize the signs in your loved one.
– You need to take care of yourself.
– Are your loved one’s needs more than you can possibly give?
– The horrible guilt associated with either not being able to care for your loved one….OR the horrible guilt associated w/ placing them somewhere else.
– THE ANSWER TO ALL THESE ISSUES IS DEMENTIAL HELP CENTER.
– Become a care-manager, not a care-giver.
– REPORT on their bi-monthly “THRIVE” support group for ALL LEVELS. Open to clients, family, care-givers. Also have a ZOOM meeting. Call for the link. FREE CONSULTATIONS. Indian Wells group meets 1st and 3rd Wed., of each month. La Quinta group meets 2nd and 4th Wed., in Old Town. of each month.
– DISCUSSION of any change in a person’s gait is a strong indication of what is to come.
– (contact info: www.dementiahelpcenter.com and (760) 636-6355).