Palm Springs International Airport Segment – March 7, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 2 – Palm Springs International Airport Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
PALM SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT w/ Daniel Meier. Re: Deputy Director of Aviation, Marketing & Air Service @ Palm Springs International Airport.
– REPORT that the Palm Springs International Airport has received $5.7 million dollars from the Department of Transportation to improve, renovate and expand the baggage handling facility. Needs the expansion as the airport is soooo busy.
– REPORT that all the flooring will be replaced too.
– REPORT on the Master Plan. Will be a 30-month process. The airport wants public input for suggestions. Visible on the website; www.flypsp.com Will guide the airport for the next twenty years.
– REPORT that there may be a vertiport to land electric aircraft!!!!!
– DISCUSSION that Vertiports are in the works now. United has electric aircraft in development now.
– REPORT that the new concourse will open w/ all the new restaurants and shops will open this Fall.
– REPORT that there is a new website that will tell you what you can and cannot take. www.tsa.gov and go to the section “what can I bring”.
– REPORT on the new check-in procedure; i.e. TSA. (www.tsa.gov) US Global Entry; Clear (www.clearme.com). Now you don’t have to go to a TSA office, starting soon will just have to go to PSP.
– (contact info: www.flypsp.com)