Desert Water Agency Segment – February 3, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 1 – Desert Water Agency Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
DESERT WATER AGENCY w/ Xochitl Pena re: 1200 S. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– DISCUSSION that even though we’ve had lots of rain, the State is still in a drought situation. Conservation is “long term.”
– REPORT that there are incentives for low-income customers for grass removal. Up to $8. A square foot.
– DISCUSSION of how this system works, the checks, balances, forms and systems for grass removal. Customer can remove it themselves.
– DISCUSSION that you can get $250. For a smart controller.
– DISCUSSION that you can get $250. For an energy star washing machine.
– REPORT on their new sprinkler head nozzles that are so much more efficient.
– REPORT that DWA recommends that you “go gold” and skip overseeding and let your grass go “gold” or brown. It will come back. www.dwa.org/save for tips.
– REPORT that DWA also offers incentives for smart controllers, water efficient nozzles and washing machines. Info @ www.dwa.org/save.
– REMINDER that there are watering restrictions; no watering in daylight hours and restaurants cannot serve water unless requested.
– REPORT that to report any water waste go to www.dwa.org/report.
– REPORT that we must all help w/ the statewide drought. Rules on how to “check” your sprinkler system. DWA will come help you inspect your system.
– REPORT on new water sprinkler timers. $150. Credit toward the device and up to $100. credit to install.
– REMINDER to leave your sprinklers off for 48 hours after a rain fall.
– (contact info: www.dwa.org.and (760) 323-4971)