Desert Oasis Health Care Segment – January 9, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Health Care Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
D.O.H.C. w/ Dr. Lindsey Valenzuela re: 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”. Vice President of Population Health and Health Integration.
– DISCUSSION that this is week 149 of the word “pandemic.
– DISCUSSION of how walking 10,000 steps a day is so good for your cardiovascular health. Call it a New Year’s Resolution if need be. Advantage if you increase your count by another 1,000 steps a day.
– REPORT on the concern for folks FALLING. Especially in the rain. Check the tread on your shoes. (Best to walk around your house in shoes, NOT FLIP FLOPS, not slippers, but SHOES for better support). Check your rugs on the floor, cords on the floor. Especially if you are taking drugs that thin your blood for instance, a fall can be more likely and very serious.
– DISCUSSION of most heart attacks occurring first thing in the morning, when you get out of bed BECAUSE the hormones that activate your blood pressure are most active in the morning to help you wake from sleep, so best to sit on the side of the bed for a moment to get acclimated.
– (contact info: www.mydohc.com and www.myturn.gov and (760) 969-6555).