Restaurant of the Week Segment – December 19, 2022
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 1 – Restaurant of the Week Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK w/ Dick Shalhoub re: Shalhoub Management Co., Inc; 44100 Monterey Ave., Ste., 214, Palm Desert, CA. 92260
– DISCUSSION of his 33 stores that Shalhoub Management owns.
– DISCUSSION of what is involved in starting up a new store.
– REPORT on the visibility McDonalds has had in the media lately. Massive economic changes we are seeing on all levels in our Nation.
– REPORT that many “unsettled” folks are walking into fast food restaurants these days. Stealing food and other’s food too.
– DISCUSSION on the training he provides to his staff to deal w/ these issues. Local and National requirements.
– DISCUSSION of the “dangers” to his employees and the safe and secure environment he provides his staff.
– REPORT that things are pretty good here in the Desert and Coachella Valley.
– REPORT on the best thing; Christmas gifts for his grandchildren….best quality food; worst thing; needing an opportunity to increase his employee base.
– REPORT on bill #257 addressing the franchise area of fast-food restaurants. Not popular w/ him.
– DISCUSSION of his positive outlook for McDonalds and also for the Ronald McDonald’s House and the legacy of “giving back” from McDonalds.
– (contact info: www.corporate.mcdonalds.com and (760) 674-3335)