Restaurant of the Week Segment – December 12, 2022
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 1 – Restaurant of the Week Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK w/ John Fritch re: “Peaks” and “Pine’s Café” @ the Top of the P.S. Aerial Tram. 1 Tramway Road. Palm Springs, CA.
– REPORT The Tram is the #1 Tourist attraction in the C.V. and the best place to celebrate EVERYTHING.
– REPORT that the Christmas Tree @ the Top of the Tram is lit and visible from the Desert floor.
– REPORT on the menu for kids too.
– REPORT that it is 40 degrees cooler up there, bring a coat.
– REPORT that there is “Peaks” for fine dining, “Pines Café” for grab and go and families and “Lookout Lounge” for bar fare. Open for lunch and dinner from 5 to 8 PM 7 days a week.
– DISCUSSION that it is best to get your tram tickets and your dinner reservation on-line. Come up while it is still daylight and go down as the lights of the Valley shine.
– DISCUSSION of the new winter menu.
– REPORT on the venue’s use for special events. Have 70 booked so far this year. New stage and lighting and audio-visual for events. Can seat 90 to 100 now and a view from every seat.
– REPORT that Architectural Digest voted Peaks #8 IN THE WORLD for restaurants w/ a view.
– REPORT that they are open 7 days a week. Book on “open table”. Reservations strongly suggested after the re-opening.
– (contact info: www.pstramway.com and (760) 325-4537)