Police Dept. City of Palm Springs Segment – September 28, 2022
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 12:00 NOON – 1:00 PM
Seg 2 – Police Dept. City of Palm Springs Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
POLICE DEPARTMENT CITY OF PALM SPRINGS w/ Chief Andrew Mills re; 200 S. Civic Dr., P.S. 92262.
– REPORT on the concerns in our community on:
1. How the police department “measures” crimes and their occurrence. They look @ 8 major crime in 7-year increments. Crime is up a bit in Palm Springs.
2. The number one crime in Palm Springs is Grand Theft Auto. E-bikes get registered as a stolen vehicle. Many are stolen from car lots….lots of issues.
The worst thing is LEAVING YOUR KEYS IN THE CAR.
– REPORT that crime is 80% opportunistic.
– NEED to reduce opportunities and make arrests.
– REPORT that homicides are DOWN.
– REPORT that there are too many “ghost guns” on the street.
– REPORT on his great team of officers. The City Council just approved 3 new officers.
– DISCUSSION of the input he wants from the Community. We have a large tourist population too.
– REPORT on how different emergency calls can be handled by either officers or others.
– (contact info: www.pslmspringsca.gov.com and (831) 212-9801).