“Restaurant of the Week” Segment – May 30, 2022
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 8:00 – 9:00 AM
Seg 1 – “Restaurant of the Week” Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILED REPORTS ON THESE ISSUES.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK w/ John Fritch re: “Peaks @ the Top of the P.S. Aerial Tram” 1 Tramway Road. Palm Springs, CA.
– ANNOUNCEMENT; Peaks is now open for both lunch AND dinner.
– REPORT that they now have summer hours.
– REPORT that the Lookout Lounge has 17 new cocktails to try. Alcohol affects you different @ that altitude.
– REPORT on NEW everything. i.e. Cocktail lounge, lookout lounge, lighting that changes from dusk to dawn, kitchen, tables, chairs, murals, etc,
– REPORT that dinner @ Peaks is from 5 to 9 PM. Last tram car down @ 10:30 PM. Pines Café is open from 10 AM to 10 PM.
– REPORT on menu: New center-cut beef tenderloin and the 14 oz. ribeye, plus Colorado lamb. Seasonal vegetables.
– DISCUSSION that it is best to get your tram tickets and your dinner reservation on-line.
– REPORT on the venue’s use for special events. Have 70 booked so far this year. New stage and lighting and audio-visual for events. Can seat 90 to 100 now and a view from every seat.
– REPORT that the Tram is the #1 tourist attraction in the Coachella Valley.
– REPORT that Architectural Digest voted Peaks #8 IN THE WORLD for restaurants w/ a view.
– REPORT that there is a child’s menu @ both Peaks and Pines Café.
– REPORT that they are open 7 days a week. Book on “open table”. Reservations strongly suggested.
– (contact info: www.pstramway.com and (760) 325-4537)