“Restaurant of the Week” Segment – June 19, 2021
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – “Restaurant of the Week” Segment
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK w/ Dick Shalhoub re: “McDonald’s”.
– REPORT on Father’s Day tomorrow and both of our Fathers.
– DISCUSSION of McDonald’s Restaurants and the various recipes around the World. Our McDonald’s has had an impact on the restaurants and salads back in the 80’s. i.e. Spicy sandwiches in different places.
Hawaii has Portuguese sausage and eggs @ McDonalds.
– REPORT on what McDonalds has done in the past 16 months, i.e. the drive-thru, the delivery system and the mobile order and pay system. Kept “feeding” folks and kept his employees working.
– DISCUSSION of the new technology, speed, efficiency of the drive-thru.
– REPORT on the new digital ordering from your phone. You order, push a button, your credit card is on file, you get a time frame to arrive @ your restaurant, park and the order will be brought out to you.
– REPORT on the new kiosk inside the restaurants for ordering. Staff will help folks who don’t know how to do the digital.
– REPORT on the delivery system w/ postmates, uber eats etc. being so successful.
– DISCUSSION of digital, delivery, AND drive-thru.
– REPORT on the fabulous new chicken sandwich. Moist, tender, available 4 different ways.
– REPORT on how the Filet of Fish sandwich came to be…..there was a contest. Ray Kroc wanted a pineapple sandwich!!
– REPORT on the new bakery items; cinnamon roll, blueberry muffin and apple fritter.
– DISCUSSION of the coffee. S. CA. one of the largest coffee markets in the U.S. Cost @ McDonald’s coffee is so much cheaper. New flavors and new systems too. Come this Fall there will be a high promotional effort about McDonald’s coffee.
– DISCUSSION of how important a drive-thru is for a McDonald’s.