Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment “The Medicine Cabinet” Segment – April 24, 2021
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment “The Medicine Cabinet”
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”. Leads the COVID-10 Taskforce.
– REPORT that we are starting our 59th week of the Pandemic and we are still IN THE ORANGE ZONE!!!!!
– REPORT that Riverside County has had a small uptick in cases this past week, now 3.5 to 4.5 new daily cases. The younger folks are the ones getting ill now.
– DISCUSSION of how/why/when the testing may or may not happened for tourists. People feel comfortable going out now.
– Over 80 Million Americans are fully vaccinated.
– REPORT that today there is a big “max vac” Clinic going on @ La Quinta High School today. Teachers, support staff and their families. Did the same thing in the High Desert this week.
– DISCUSSION of the conversation you need to have w/ someone who DOESN’T WANT TO GET VACCINATED. You will not be hospitalized or die if you get vaccinated.
– REPORT that pregnant women have had no issues after being vaccinated and the antibodies are in breast milk.
– QUESTIONS FROM “JOEY PALS”.
1. If you’ve had the Virus, should you still get vaccinated? (Yes, as soon as you’ve recovered. The vaccine stimulates higher antibodies than the natural infection).
2. There is a rapid at home test available @ three national pharmacy chains? (Costs for these is dropping, insurance may not cover. Getting more accurate).
3. Will the next generation of a vaccine have worse side effects? (Moderna and Pfiser are already working on a booster to address the changes in the virus. Not anticipating any different reactions.)
– REPORT that we will not get herd immunity until more folks get vaccinated. There may be “localized herd immunity” in some communities.
4. Swelling after the vaccine? (In the shot site, “covid-arm” persists.)