Restaurant of the Week Segment – January 16, 2021
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – Restaurant of the Week Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK w/ Dan Gore re: “Oscar’s Downtown Palm Springs”. 125 E. Tahquitz Cyn.,Way, #108, Palm Springs.
– REPORT that Oscar’s re-opened New Years Eve for to go orders. Can order one-line or by phone, pay w/ a credit card and delivery is FREE.
– DISCUSSION of the items on the menu now that all is take out. i.e. BBQ chix and ribs, tequila pasta, 3 different tacos etc. Menu is seasonal.
– REPORT that bottles of wine and beer can be delivered w/ to go orders. Mixed drinks as well!!!
– REPORT that to go orders are just for lunch and dinner.
– DISCUSSION of Chef Arturo having been there since “Oscar’s” first opened.
– REPORT that they are open Wed., – Sun., from 11 AM to 8 PM and close @ 5 PM on Sundays.
– DISCUSSION of how/when he hopes Palm Springs will re-open.
– REPORT on the generosity of Dick Shalhoub of McDonalds supporting Dan’s Christmas Morning Pancake Breakfast that Dan had to cancel and Dick provided McDonalds breakfast sandwiches.
– REPORT on the loyalty of Dan’s customers and their support of the take out menu.