cont. “Senior Moment” Segment – January 9, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 2 – cont. “Senior Moment” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DEMENTIA HELP CENTER w/ Kae Hammond re: President & Founder; 495 Town Center Way, 44 Ste., B, Palm Desert, CA. 92260.
– CONTINUATION of the conversation we were having w/ Kurt re: Her perception of how her clients do or do not understand the vaccination process associated w/ COVID-19.
– DISCUSSION of how she prepares her Dementia/Alzheimers patients for the COVID-19 test.
– REPORT that her patients have an option to take the mouth swab, not the nasal one.
– DISCUSSION of how clients w/ Dementia/Alzheimers take to wearing a mask. For the most part, they “SEE” other wearing them and so they comply. Kae wears FULL PPE when she enters a facility/community/home. How her clients respond to her mostly w/ voice recognition.
– DISCUSSION of how staff facilitate “visits” w/ clients via their phones.
– REPORT on how as people “SEASON” (age) they become more vulnerable to COVID-19 for reasons other than Dementia/Alzheimers.
– REMINDER that she has a live ZOOM support group the 1st and 3rd Wednesday.
– REMINDER that there is so much helpful information on the website.