“Women’s” D.O.H.C. Segment – August 15, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – “Women’s” D.O.H.C. Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Cathy Allison re: 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
– She’s a Licensed Clinical Social Worker @ D.O.H.C. Behavioral health therapy, crisis intervention etc.
– DISCUSSION of the emotional issues people are experiencing during this Pandemic.
1. Emotional issues “bleed” into the physical, financial and family issues going on at the same time.
2. Normal to lose track of time, dates, etc. when you are anxious.
3. Women are impacted differently w/out the usual “breaks” we use to have and tend to hold themselves to a “false perfection”.
4. Women and “caregiving burnout”. Working from home, w/ the kids.
a.) Create a balanced routine.
b.) Have clear communication. Watch “acting out” is not what it seems.
c.) Make some time for yourself.
d.) Exercise. Sitting in front of the TV/screen/Ipad/tablet/computer, etc. is just passively absorbing information that is done FOR YOU.
e.) Breathe. Breathe deep enough to clear your lungs.
f.) Maintain you regular routine of dental and doctor appointments.
5. Important to get up, shower, dress as though you were GOING to work and you’ll feel better about yourself working @ home.