Restaurant of the Week Segment – July 18, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 3 – Restaurant of the Week Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK w/ Paris and George Kessinger re: “Crazy Mel’s Burgers & Bar”. 166 N. Palm Cyn., Palm Springs, 92262.
– REPORT on Sunday July 19 NATIONAL ICE CREAM DAY!!! Their soft-serve ice cream machine and a FREE ice cream when you buy a meal!!!
– DISCUSSION of their outdoor seating, you order @ the window, pay w/ your mask on. Then when you sit on the patio you can remove your mask and eat and drink. CANNOT come inside the restaurant @ this point in time.
– REPORT on larger outdoor eating area with umbrellas, misters, A GREAT VIEW OF THE MOUNTAINS FROM THE TOP TO THE BOTTOM.
– REPORT on the regular menu of burgers, fries and drinks. NEW breakfast menu w/ bottomless Mimosas for $3.75, great bloody Marys.
– The chocolate “sundae” George made. Vanilla bean ice cream and Hersey’s chocolate chips. Jim’s report on the incredible ice cream.
– Open every day but Tuesday. From 10 AM to 9 PM during the weekdays and from 10 AM to 12 Midnight on the weekends.
– FREE masks if you don’t have one, sanitizer dispensers everywhere and in the bathrooms as well.
– DISCUSSION of what they see as the “new normal”.
– Must order food in order to have alcohol.
– “Grab and Go” service usually in 5 minutes. Crazy Mel’s will also deliver.
– REPORT on vegan/plant-based offerings.