Restaurant of the Week Segment – May 30, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – Restaurant of the Week Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
Click HERE for information about COVID-19 from Desert Oasis Healthcare and the Centers for Disease Control.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK w/ Dan Gore re: “Oscar’s Downtown Palm Springs”. 125 E. Tahquitz Cyn., Way. # 108, Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT that as of May 22, OSCARS IS OPEN FOR SIT DOWN DINING. Bar and show room NOT open yet. No Tea Dance yet. No “Bitchiest Brunch” yet.
– DETAILS of the guidelines for dining. Social distancing w/ faux-box hedges, mist system, masked servers, 6 tables on the patio that can seat 6 people each. All silverware is biodegradable. Constant sanitizing of tables and clean tablecloths.
– REPORT that diners/take out can be served from the bar, BUT the physical bar is not open.
– Monday – Friday 10 AM to 2 PM – 100% plant based only take out only from Chef J.
– Tuesday – Sunday – 4 – 8 PM regular menu w/ Chef Arturo. Can dine in the Palapa or outside on the Patio.
– REPORT that they are vegan/“plant-based” from 10 – 2 each day.
– REPORT on the new vegan Chef J. from the Food Network and her new vegan menu w/ 12 – 15 items. i.e. BBQ humus, original gangster sandwich, etc.,
– REPORT that he is building a permanent DJ booth on the patio.
– REPORT on the shrimp omelette!!!!