Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – May 2, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262.
– REPORT that D.O.H.C. is working closely w/ Eisenhower Health, Desert Care Network and Desert AIDS Project to service the community.
– REPORT that you don’t necessarily need to wipe down your groceries.
– REPORT that children are getting Kawasaki syndrome, i.e. children are getting the coronavirus in some form.
– REPORT that there has been no sign of the disease from take-out.
– REPORT that there is a molecular nasal swab test available for $119. There is an issues w/ the accuracy of this test. Doesn’t show if there is immunity. Not a diagnostic test. Lacks the information needed.
– Our infection rate is less than 5% here in our community. BUT if you are going to be 3 feet from someone, wear a mask. Still a significant benefit to wearing a mask.
– C.V. has 700 positive cases and our doubling rate has slowed. Hospitals are getting busy w/ sick people showing up that HAVE NEEDED care and have avoided going in.
– Hospitals starting to open up to out-patient surgical procedures.
– REPORT on the drug Remdesivir. Showed that people treated earlier on w/ the drug had a shorter hospital stay.
– REPORT that there is a COVID-19 testing center @ their campus on El Cielo. Testing between 30 – 40 folks a day. For D.O.H.C.’s employees and patients. CALL FIRST. Turn-around time is 2 to 3 days.
– Once you are swabbed IN YOUR CAR, you are committed to quarantine for 14 days until you get the test result.
– DISCUSSION of their (760) 969-6555 patient help line for D.O.H.C. clients.
– DISCUSSION that smokers may have better immunity to COVID-19 due to the nicotine. Better to take Vit., D and Vit., C.
– GOOD NEWS we are prepared for the coronavirus to reappear in the Fall. Curve has slowed especially in the CV.