“Go Green” Segment – April 7, 2018
“Go Green” Segment
DESERT WATER AGENCY
– Stay hydrated.
– “Help to Others” program w/ United Way of the Desert for folks who can’t pay their water bills.
– Highest use month is July.
– Conservation has dropped off a bit.
– New pipes are now ductile iron, which is more flexible and should last over 100 years.
– Downtown system has pipes dating back to the Great Depression and is failing all over and needs to be replaced.
– Water pipes are usually buried 3 feet down.
– Many rebates available on the website.