July 1, 2017
KGX, THE NEW 99.1 FM and 920 AM
Discussing being the owner/g.m. of Desert Broadcasters. Lauding Ric and Rozene and their history of this station and in radio. The new “Joey English Daily Datebook” on 99.1 FM, 920 and 1340 AM. Wants to do talk radio w/out the confrontations etc., Broadcast center is @ KWXY on Dinah Shore.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
“Maracas” that he’s had for 13 years. “Taste of Rancho Mirage” w/ $4. drinks/appetizers/and entree’s w/ the bracelet. “J.T’s” Restaurant over on Cook Street. Diner open from 7 AM to 2 PM
All three properties will stay open all summer.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
The legendary 85 year old “Gypsy”
“Oscars”. Friday “Oscar’s Cabaret” @ AM and Saturday’s “Gypsy Follies” @ 6 PM w/ Bob Corwin’s band www.oscarspalmsprings.com
MC CALLUM MOMENTS
Report on the McCallum’s million dollar education program that just ended. Provided over 2,300 workshops in music theater for classrooms. Being a non-profit organization. New Season tickets available now.
PALM CANYON THEATRE
Theater Camp going on now w/ 60 kids. Can still sign up for the rest of camp. $125./week. Different classes offered in all aspects of live theater. End of camp play “Peter Pan”. New Season tickets available now. Opening July 7 and running thru July 16, “In the Heights”
DESERT ROSE PLAYHOUSE
David Dillon’s “Party” running right now until July 30. Being the only LGBT-themed theater in the Desert. For adult audiences. Frontal nudity.
PriscIlla N. of La Quinta, 1st TIME WINNER!!!!
TOWN CENTER COMPOUNDING PHARMACY
Dr. Leslie Todd
How alkaline water and bio-identical hormones impact: Phosphatidyl Serine, memory issues, bi-polar, manic depression, migraines. P.H. means “potential hydrogen”. The book “Eat Right For Your Blood Type”. Men and women need the same hormones. Email firstname.lastname@example.org w/ your questions for Leslie
CALIFORNIA DESERT ARTS
Serve working artist and art professionals and also consumers.
– July 7 – 9 Joshua Tree Improv and Comedy Festival www.jtimprovfestival.org. – July 7 “In the Heights” opens @ Palm Canyon Theatre. www.palmcanyontheatre.org.
– CVRep has several fabulous series going on over the summer @ the Atrium.
Karen and Tony Barone
Their new artwork @ the River. “Forks On Their Way to Nirvana” for Jerry and Barbara Keller @ Acqua CA. Bistro. 17 forks going across the building. Range from 6 to 9 feet.
LA QUINTA ARTS ASSOCIATION
Gary Heath Founder
Their Mission Statement is to enrich, encourage and promote art in the community. New since Oct., 2016. Nov., 4 will have “Fall for Art” in La Quinta to benefit Desert Sands Educational Foundation.
PALM SPRINGS AIR MUSEUM
“Open Cockpit” w/ a different plane each time. Summer camp run by www.smarteducation.us
PALM SPRING ART MUSEUM
7 exhibitions up over the summer @ 3 different locations. 2nd Sunday is Free @ P.S. Art Museum. 3rd Thursday of month is ongoing Desert Hearts Film Series w/ $5. signature cocktail themed for the movie.
Raul L. of Coachella, CA
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
L.G.B.T./Revivals/”Go Green” Segments.
DESERT AIDS PROJECT w/ Steve Henke re: being “Mr. Community”.
– Report on Jerry and Barbara Keller’s party for the end of the season for LuLu’s @ Acqua Bistro @ the River.
– P.S. Chamber mixer.
– The Taste of Rancho Mirage kick-off @ “Pirch” w/ the $10. wristbands that qualify you for $4 specials, desserts and appetizers.
– Report on the film “Mansfield 66/67” screening @ the Camelot Theaters.
– Discussion of our non-existent “quiet summers”
– HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO STEVEN Sunday June 25. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HAROLD MATZNER Tuesday July 4.
– Follow Revivals on Facebook and get “head’s up” on sales etc.,
The new mattresses @ Revivals. But any donated mattresses are sanitized and re-packaged etc., Also have wonderful new headboards @ $200.
– First Thurs., of the month: 50% off all women’s donated clothing in all 3 stores.
Meet Charles about volunteering @ C.C. store in the morning and @ P.D. store in the afternoon.
– First Fri., of the month: 50% off all men’s donated clothing in all 3 stores.
Meet Charles about volunteering @ P.D. store in the morning and @ C.C. store in the afternoon.
THE CENTER P.S.
The Food Bank @ the Center every Thursday gives out healthy foods. Short on canned goods. Fruit, diced tomatoes, garbanzo beans, creamed soups. 1 in 6 persons here in the valley is “food insecure”.
– Palm Springs Assoc. of Realtors has taken the Center on as the recipient from July 1 – 26. Want to raise $50,000. in cash and food. www.youcaring.com to donate @ psrar.
DESERT WATER AGENCY
Water suggestions for July.
– Remember to keep water close to any legal fireworks you are setting off.
– Stay safe and hydrated in the water/pool.
– Make certain sprinkers are hitting their intended target to conserve water.
– Free sprinkler nozzles @ www.dwa.org
– Can water whenever they want now due to the wettest winter on record.
– Coupons on the web site for car washes using re-cycled water.