cont. w/ Desert Oasis Health Care Segment – April 4, 2022
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 9:00 – 10:00 AM
Seg 3 – cont. w/ Desert Oasis Health Care Segment
D.O.H.C. w/ Sarah Tripp re: Registered Dietician, Manager Health Education Department @ D.O.H.C. Tanner Bryson, 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
– REPORT on Fall Prevention.
– REPORT that one should get checked out after any fall.
– DISCUSSION of the “balance” activity Tanner has taught us, standing behind a chair at home, hold on lightly w/ both hands, lift one leg, eventually to be able to let go of both hands and stand on one leg.
– REPORT that balance issues change w/ age. Some are due to changes in our knees, joints and feet.
– DISCUSSION of “multi-factorial” and the definition of it. Means several factors come into play.
– REPORT on how bad flip flops are.
– DISCUSSION of their seminar on fall prevention. “Stable Steps” in person and virtually. Calendar is up on the website. Open to everyone. FREE. “Gift bag” for all, exercises you can do @ home.
– REPORT that 25% of all older adults 55 and up fall every year and 20% of those falls are serious.
– (contact info: www.mydohc.com and (760) 328-4499 X 2805).