Theatre Segment – June 5, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – Theatre Segment
MCCALLUM THEATRE w/ Jeff Norman, V. P of Communications and Public Affairs re: 73000 Fred Waring Dr., Palm Desert, CA. 92260.
– REPORT on the activities @ the Theatre during the Pandemic. The educational programs continued virtually thru the efforts of Kajsa, the Ed. Dir. of the Theatre.
– REPORT that these educational programs are available in archived form for teachers.
– REPORT on the “Ghostlights” Series they’ve had.
– REPORT on the new CEO, Jamie Grant and his plans and dreams for the future.
– 12.3 Theatre will open after 632 days of shut-down w/ “HairSpray”. Tickets went on sale in early May. Many shows are already sold out!!!
– REPORT that if you make a donation of @ least $100. you get to purchase your tickets in advance of the general public.
– DISCUSSION that the McCallum is NON-PROFIT. Their budget is $6 million a year so your support is important.
– REPORT on the Broadway Series for next Season. “Hairspray”, “Jersey Boys”, “Beautiful”, and “Fiddler On The Roof”.
– REPORT on the returning shows; National Geographic Series; Tribute to Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme; the Divas; 10 Tenors; Pink Martini; Michael Feinstein salute to Judy Garland;
– REPORT on the partnership w/ Eisenhower Health to be certain the Theatre is safe and in compliance w/ all protocols and procedures.
– REPORT on their participation in the Cultural Leaders group that has been so supportive of smaller local venues here in the Valley throughout the shut-down.
(760) 340-ARTS (2787)