“Go Green” Segment – June 5, 2021
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 1 – “Go Green” Segment
DESERT WATER AGENCY w/ Ashley Metzger re: 1200 S. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT on her TWO sons, Dillon and Chase.
– REPORT on the delivery process for Chase during Covid.
– REPORT that the lobby @ DWA will re-open soon. Ashley is back @ work @ the office.
– DISCUSSION of summer and water issues. Water use peaks. State wide drought, but not in the CV. Northern and Southern California have the drought issues. We are on top of a huge aquifer.
– REPORT on the DWA incentives to help people make the right water choice. www.dwa.org/phase.
– REPORT that DWA is working to finalize a water shortage plan in case of some kind of emergency. Hearing information on this; www.dwa.org/uwmp.
– REPORT on all the aid available for help w/ water bills. Up to $200/yr. in assistance.
– REPORT that our water is tested www.dwa.org/wqr for water quality reports. We have NO LEAD in our system.
– REPORT that the DWA’s Webinars will continue. All archived ones and dates of upcoming ones are on the website.