cont. Theatre Segment – June 5, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 2 – cont. Theatre Segment
COACHELLA VALLEY THEATERS w/ Tracey Essex re: CVRep Executive Director.
– UPDATED REPORT on CA. performing arts organizations. CA State Senate Labor, Public Employment and Retirement Committee recently passed Senate Bill 805. Creates a critical funding infrastructure to help small non-profit performing arts companies comply w/ AB5.
– REPORT that L.A. Country will soon be moving into the Yellow tier allowing reopening of most theaters. Hope to have a full re-opening by June 15.
-REPORT THAT TIX ON SALE FOR THE Waring International Piano Concert June 24th. Ron Celona will announce CVRep’s new season themed “Hopes, Dreams & Expectations” soon.
– REPORT that June 23, Miss Firecracker Contest.
– REPORT from Michael Shaw that they will kick off the new season w/ a musical in October.
-REPORT there will be a teen conservatory from July 22 to July 31. Regular season beings in October w/ “The Merry Wives of Windsor”.
– REPORT on McCallumTheatre has season tickets on sale since May.
– REPORT that Palm Canyon Theatre will have their “in person” 25th annual Children’s Theater Camp June 14 – July 24.
-REPORT the “The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe” will be on stage 9/20 to 9/5.
REPORT ON THEATRES NATIONWIDE;
– REPORT that Broadway is back!!!. More than a dozen theaters are starting to sell tickets. Summer should see all of the theatres open. Shows: “Six”; “Dear Evan Hansen”; “Ain’t Too Proud, the Life & Times of the Temptations”; “Diana”. Plug for A.C.T.’s New York Broadway Show Tour. Details @ www.act-tours.com and (760) 322-1247.
– REPORT that Branson, Missouri still has all theatres open and is experiencing brisk ticket sales. Has NEVER SHUT DOWN. “Minim iCircus”; “Illusion Magic Show”, etc. www.bransonshows.com.