cont. “Senior Moment” Segment – June 12, 2021
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 1 – cont. “Senior Moment” Segment
NEURO VITALITY CENTER w/ Allan H. Jensen re: Ex. Dir. 2800 E. Alejo Rd., Palm Springs.
– DISCUSSION of their mission statement; focus on the patient, NOT the disease. Work w/ people who have neurological issues.
– REPORT that NVC has been reaching out to clients thru ZOOM, BUT ON JULY 6, the doors will be open!!!!
– DISCUSSION of Bootsy and Brenda who come up w/ the programs for clients. Many of the new skills learned will carry over to the “new normal”.
– REPORT that Parkinson patients HAVE to do their exercises every day.
– REPORT that Allan will focus on fund raising as well.
– REPORT that NVC is one of the few facilities in the world to service stroke patients as they do.
– REPORT that they are now affiliated thru CVAS and can get programs for many folks @ no charge.
– REPORT on their food program for lunch @ the Center.
– DISCUSSION of the attitude of returning clients as the “masks come off”. Lol. Clients have missed the community/socialization interaction w/ others in similar situations.
– REPORT on the need for volunteers. Just call.
– DISCUSSION that they are open from 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM. Start seeing clients about 8 ish.
– REPORT on the facilities, gardens, equipment, etc. i.e. the new garden club that’s starting.