“Go Green” Segment – April 3, 2021
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 1 – “Go Green” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT WATER AGENCY w/ Xochitl Pena re: Outreach Specialist. 1200 S. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT on the impact of the coming heat on our watering schedules. Best to water so you can “see” your sprinklers if broken. Either early in the morning or later in the evening to avoid the evaporation factor.
– REPORT on Questions from “Joey Pal”.
1. Can you just empty your swimming pool whenever? (You MUST GET a permit from your city if needed. The water should go to a nearby drain, NOT into the street. Do it only every 3 to 5 years!!! Place your permit where it is visible.)
– DISCUSSION of how to report water waste to DWA.
– REPORT that April has the National Mayor’s Challenge.
– REPORT that you can sign up to be “water wise” in April @ www.mywaterpledge.com. The City that does the best will win some prizes. Reduce pollution and save energy. Please nominate United Way of the Desert because they manage a fund for folks who can’t pay their water bills. www.help2other.com.
– APRIL WEBINAR – how to reduce your water footprint. 4/22 Earth Day @ 10 AM. FREE Talk about incentive programs, etc. All info is on the website.
– REPORT on water bill assistance for customers that can’t pay their bills through two programs. Help2Others (thru United Way) and the CAP CARES program. www.dwa.org/h2o to learn more.