“Senior Moment” Segment – March 13, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – “Senior Moment” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
BROOKDALE MIRAGE INN w/ Kurt Suminski re: 72750 Country Club Dr., Rancho Mirage, CA., 92270. He is the Clare Bridge/Memory Facility Program Co-Ordinator.
– DISCUSSION of the Three levels @ Brookdale care provides: 1.) Independent Living 2.) Assisted Living and 3.) Memory Care/Alzheimer’s/Dementia (Clare Bridge, 20 residents) that Kurt oversees.
– REPORT on new Executive Director, Mr. Us Valdo. Very experienced in assisted living facilities.
– REPORT that everyone; staff and residents, has gotten their 2nd shot. Partnered w/ CV Pharmacy who came to the site. Starting to open up little by little.
– REPORT that there are a few vacancies.
– REPORT that in Independent and Assisted Living facilities things are opening up a bit.
– DISCUSSION that Ashley is planning activities for St. Patrick’s Day.
– REPORT that all the residents “live” under one roof and are not quite able to live w/out masks yet.
– REPORT that some units have full kitchens, some have kitchenettes.
– REPORT on the procedure when the facility “opens back up” w/ family and friends coming back to visit.
– DISCUSSION that in Memory Care on St. Patrick’s Day there will be green ice cream and “Shamrock Shakes”. These residents knew “something was different” during this Pandemic, but not exactly “what”. Irish coffees too.
– DISCUSSION of the peace and quiet @ Brookdale and on all of the grounds there.
– Open campus pretty soon hopefully.