PS Tram Segment – February 20, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 3 – PS Tram Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
PALM SPRINGS AERIAL TRAM w/ Greg Purdy re: 1 Tram Way, Palm Springs, CA 92262. V.P. of marketing and public affairs.
– REPORT on the re-opening of the Tram on Feb., 18th. The procedure for riding now. Reserve the tickets two weeks in advance on-line. Present the ticket voucher as you drive up. Then your temperature is taken as you arrive inside. Social distancing while you wait to board. All surfaces have been disinfected along w/ protection for the tram operator inside the tram. Tram capacity is @ 25%.
– REPORT that the trails and giftshop are open. Restaurants are not.
– DISCUSSION that there has been lots of remodeling inside the Mountain Station during the shut-down, so it will be wonderful when everything is open again.
– OPEN 5 days a week. Thurs., thru Monday 8 AM to 6 PM. The Tram is running every 20 minutes now to allow for cleaning.
– REPORT that international travelers use to be 15% of their visitors and Greg is looking forward to those numbers returning.
– DISCUSSION of the facts: 1. Tram largest rotating Tram cars. 2. Goes thru 5 climate zones. Like going from Mexico to Alaska.