Palm Springs Chamber Segment – February 27, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – Palm Springs Chamber Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
PALM SPRINGS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE w/ Nona Watson re: C.E.O. for 13 years @ 190 w. Amado Rd., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT on the City. Doing good.
– QUESTION FROM A “JOEY PAL”?
1. When will we have Street Fair back? (When things open up again.)
– DISCUSSION of that Palm Springs and our City Council guide the City “by the book”, so that when we open up we open up FOR GOOD. Following the rules.
– REPORT that Visitor’s Center only open Thursday thru Sunday and the Chamber is fielding most of the calls.
– REPORT on the new Chamber’s Restaurant Coupon program to help support all restaurants. (don’t have to be a Chamber member). Go to the P.S. Chamber website, print out or download the coupon. Only need to do this ONCE. Over coupons 11,000 have been downloaded. Take it to any participating restaurant for $10. off any check of at least $30. Then the restaurant will turn in the #’s of all the coupons and Nona will re-imburse the restaurant for all those tickets. SO, it doesn’t cost the restaurant anything. You can use the same coupon over and over for take-out or outside dining.
– REPORT that David Ready will be out City Manager until April.
– REPORT that the Tuesday Lead’s Lunches are now Virtual and being done via Zoom.
– DISCUSSION of new memberships and the dispensation of information that is needed from the Chamber.