Restaurant of the Week Segment – December 26, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – Restaurant of the Week Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK w/ Willie Rhine re: “849” and “1501 Uptown GastroPub” Restaurants. 849 N. Palm Cyn., Dr. Palm Springs and 1501 N. Palm Cyn., Dr., Palm Springs.
– HAPPY NEW YEAR from Willie to all the “Joey Pals”.
– REPORT that he has started his own delivery team.
– REPORT that they are open for lunch take-out from 11 AM to 2 PM and then again for dinner take-out from 5 to 8 PM. All take-out menu is online. Trying to find ways to keep as many employees working as possible.
– REPORT on the possible new menu when “849” re-opens. Bring back the fried chicken.
– REPORT on the new restaurant, (w/ Chad) called “1501 Uptown GastroPub”. Casual but elegant bar food. Elevated pub food. Sandwiches, steaks, Willie’s shephard’s pie, international, bar food, small plates, beer. Entire space can become “outdoor” dining.
– DISCUSSION of re-opening “849” and then eventually “1501”.
– REPORT that the seating outdoors @ “1501” is quite large.
– DISCUSSION of Willie encouraging folks to buy gift cards for restaurants to continue to support local businesses.
– REPORT that Chad and Willie both have so much experience in both the restaurant and catering business.