Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – October 10, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
Leads the COVID-10 Taskforce.
– REPORT that we are beginning our 30th week of “Sheltering in Place”.
– REPORT that we are fighting to stay in the “red” and not regress to the “purple” level when more restrictions will resume. More cases are coming from young people in the East Valley.
– REPORT that positivity rate is currently below 6%.
THIS DISEASE OF PREVENTABLE!!!
– REPORT that California has 750,000 cases. Right behind the U.S. are India and Brazil when it comes to numbers of cases.
– DISCUSSION of the validity of taking someone’s temperature.
– REPORT that 60% of patients are “asymptomatic” and only 40% of patients get a temperature.
– REPORT that New York has good “contact tracing” and we do not.
– REPORT that there are systems in place to predict who will not do well w/ the virus based on; 1. Level of oxygen. 2. Inflammation markers. 3. Viral load.