Desert Care Network Segment – October 10, 2020
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 2 – Desert Care Network Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER w/ Cassie Mayberry re: 1180 N. Indian Cyn., Palm Springs, CA.
– REPORT that Oct., is Breast Cancer Awareness month.
– REPORT on the extended hours for mammograms @ the Comprehensive Cancer Center @ D.R.M.C. “Mammo Mondays” 8 AM to 5:30 PM. ….call (844) 780-3299). You get a pink popcorn box w/ “goodies” inside when you call and schedule a mammogram in Oct.,
– DISCUSSION that men can also get breast cancer.
– REPORT on signs of breast cancer in women. 1. Some sort of lump. 2. Other side effects throughout your body. 3. Any thing that seems “slightly off”.
– REPORT on the different types of mammograms…..2 D, 3D Abus Automated Breast Ultrasound System, Diagnostic breast ultrasound, and breast biopsy systems.
– DISCUSSION that you should start mammograms @ age 40 unless you have a family history of breast cancer and then you should start @ age 30 because you have a higher chance (1.24 times) of getting breast cancer w/ that family history.
– THE GOOD NEWS of a 99% survival rate if breast cancer is caught early.
– REPORT that many of their events (www.desertcarenetwork/events) are starting up again. One coming up w/ CA. Highway Patrol on “Traumatic Injury Prevention”. Top 3 causes; 1. Vehicle accidents. 2. Pedestrians. 3. Falls