cont. “Senior Moment” Segment – September 12, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 3 – cont. “Senior Moment” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
BROOKDALE MIRAGE INN w/ Kurt Suminski 72750 Country Club Dr., Rancho Mirage, CA., 92270. He’s the Clare Bridge/Memory Facility Co-Ordinator.
– DISCUSSION of the Three levels @ Brookdale care provides: 1.) Independent Living 2). Assisted Living and 3.) Memory Care/Alzheimer’s/Dementia (Clare Bridge). All are to “shelter-in-place”.
– REPORT that children that live out of the area, prefer that their parents are @ Brookdale and not in isolation ALONE AT HOME, starring @ the TV, etc.
– !!!ANNOUNCEMENT!!! that the County will now let Brookdale open up the dining room w/ all COVID-19 precautions.
– DISCUSSION that all residents and staff will get flu shots.
– REPORT that you can schedule a “porch” visit to check out the facilities.
– REPORT that spirits are relatively high @ Brookdale.
– Ashley (Assisted Living) has her “bar cart” that she is using to deliver cocktails to residents w/ social distancing.
– REPORT that Brookdale is VERY PRIVATE. The residents feel safe and secure.
– REPORT on communications during the Pandemic. Virtual visits w/ families are popular. Visits thru email, facetime, Pen Pals!!!! skyping, Zoom, porch visits thru the windows, etc. Families are happy to know their loved one is in such a safe facility.