The Eisenhower Health Segment – June 23, 2018
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – Plastic Surgery Segment
Melissa Ritchie, B.S.N., R.N., Bariatric Coordinator @ EH. and Lee Rice, Media coordinator and communications specialists.
– Melissa helps choose what type of procedure, walk them thru the process and what happens afterwards.
– Bariatric surgery can be several different procedures, but @ EH Dr. Bobbie both the “Sleeve” and the “Bypass”.
– Must have a BMI of 35 or greater and must have 2 comorbidities.
– Sleeve (banana shaped). Roux-En-Y helps folks w/ diabetes, sleep apnea, etc.,
– Excess skin can be removed after surgery.
– Obesity is genetic and a disease.
– Weight will be off for the most part in 6 months.
– Must be healthy enough for surgery. Test for the surgery is on the web site.
– 7/9 @ 6:30 @ the Annenberg Center @ Eisenhower there will be a Bariatric support group meeting open to all.