Joey English Desert Datebook – July 24, 2021
Joey English Desert Datebook
Presented by the City of Palm Springs
www.palmspringsca.gov and (760) 323-8299
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS www.palmspringsca.gov
- VillageFest is back every Thursday night during the summer, 7-10 p.m. in downtown Palm Springs.
REPORT ON A.C.T. TOURS IN PALM SPRINGS www.act-tours.com
- There are seven days in a week–Someday isn’t one of them. Travel the world while you can with Adult Customized Tours.
- The Palm Springs based operator has been customizing vacations since 1976 to all 0seven continents. Go with a company you can trust that has been there done that!
- Phone 322-1247, or visit act-tours.com for a menu of both international tours and day excursions.
REPORT ON DESERT WATER AGENCY www.dwa.org
- Need help paying your water bill? Go to www.dwa.org/H2O to see if you’re eligible for a $200 credit.
- Want to save water and money? Go to www.dwa.org/save and learn about incentives on grass removal, smart controllers and efficient sprinkler heads.
- Desert Water Agency’s lobby has reopened to the public. Stop by Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
REPORT ON ELITE IRON AND ELECTRIC www.eliteironps.org
- They will weld your electronic gate equipment to prevent thefts.
- Metal work and welding of any kind.
- Install and repair electronic gates and equipment.
- Call 760-325-0025.
REPORT ON JUST FABULOUS www.bjustfabulous.com
- For summer 2021, NEST New York partnered with internationally renowned fine art photographer Gray Malin to transport you to the most breathtaking destinations with these special-edition candles. Housed in a one-of-a-kind hand-blown glass vessels that can live on as a vase, vanity organizer, pen holder, and more. Special-edition box featuring the work of internationally renowned fine art photographer Gray Malin.
- New, from our favorite brand for pool floats, SUNNYLIFE. SUNNYLIFE X ROLLING STONES. We are bringing Rock and Roll to the pool through a very exciting capsule collection with the Rolling Stones. Featuring the iconic Hot Lips logo across a range of styles you can now summer in rock star style with SUNNYLiFE x Rolling Stones!
- Great Escapes from the valley’s Taschen destination. TASCHEN’s Great Escapes book series provide exquisite endorsements for hospitality around the planet. The series includes editions for Asia, Africa, North America, South America and Europe. These guide books are bursting with the very best recommendations in luxurious accommodation. Enticing photographs of outstanding hotels, guest houses, lodges, and resorts are paired with the details you need to make an informed booking; prices, services, and facilities are all noted.
REPORT ON L-A-L-O VISIONS www.lalovisions.com
- Connect with your angels during a reading with Lalo Tachiquin, psychic to the psychics.
- Lalo’s detailed messages, delivered at his office overlooking Joshua Tree National Park in nearby Yucca Valley, will astound you.
- Phone this gifted clairvoyant at 401-1810, or visit his website–lalovisions.com–for more information. Again, Lalo’s phone number is 401-1810.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS AERIAL TRAMWAY www.pstramway.com
- The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway is operating seven days a week and walk-in tickets are now available.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS ART MUSEUM www.psmuseum.org
- Palm Springs Art Museum is open Thursday-Sunday. Tickets must be secured in advance at psmuseum.org. There are five exhibitions currently on view including one featuring monumental drawings by artist Robert Longo.
- The Architecture and Design Center will reopen in September with the exhibition “The Modern Chair.”
- The outdoor Faye Sarkowsky Sculpture Garden in Palm Desert is now open to the public everyday from sunrise to sunset.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS CULTURAL CENTER/CAMELOT THEATRES www.psculturalcenter.org
- Anthony Bourdain’s enigmatic life is explored in the new no-holds-barred documentary: Roadrunner – playing now at the PS Cultural Center.
- Coming August 27th – the first Martini’s and Moxie Society Social – featuring the music and life of Frank Sinatra.