Joey English Desert Datebook – April 10, 2021
Joey English Desert Datebook
Presented by the City of Palm Springs
www.palmspringsca.gov and (760) 323-8299
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
- Palm Springs Disposal Services is working with businesses to reduce monthly waste collection fees because of COVID-19 slowdowns.
- Mon – Thu, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., Fri & Sat, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.: “Library-A-Go-Go” contactless pickup service at the Palm Springs Public Library. Visit www.pslibrary.org for details.
- New COVID-19 Financial Aid Hotline is now available to assist local businesses. Call 760-323-8273 seven days a week.
- New Sustainability Scholarships up to $750 are available for local Palm Springs businesses and homeowners can get a $100 rebate for conducting a home energy assessment. For details visit www.yoursustainablecity.com
REPORT ON A.C.T. TOURS IN PALM SPRINGS www.act-tours.com
- In addition to international vacations, A.C.T Tours is offering desert residents day excursions, and they are selling fast. Visit act-tours.com to review the full menu of all travel programs, or phone its Palm Springs office at 322-1247. It’s time to escape!
REPORT ON BONES ‘N SCONES www.bonesnscones.com
- We’re changing the look of our stores in anticipation of another new and innovative program to feed your pets in a healthy creative way. Stop by and see the updated look while we answer your questions!
- Don’t forget you have options in addition to in-store shopping, we offer curbside pick-up and local delivery.
- Bring your pet into our stores and we will create a meal plan that meets both nutritional needs and your budget.
REPORT ON DESERT WATER AGENCY www.dwa.org
- Need help paying your water bill? Go to www.dwa.org/H2O. Qualifying customers can get $100 a year.
- Want to save water and money? Go to www.dwa.org/save and learn about incentives on grass removal, smart controllers and efficient sprinkler heads.
- DWA hosts monthly webinars on a variety of topics. Go to www.dwa.org/virtual to view previous webinars or sign up for the latest one.
REPORT ON JUST FABULOUS www.bjustfabulous.com
- 4/10, 11 & 17: Relaunching our famous book signings with amazing authors during Modernism Week 2021!
- We are following strict COVID safety guidelines – masks required, hand sanitizer provided throughout store, social distancing and hosting the signings in the back courtyard by our garden entrance instead of inside.
REPORT ON L-A-L-O VISIONS www.lalovisions.com
- Lalo Tachiquin is an amazing spiritualist and medium that specializes in connecting people with their angels and deceased loved ones.
- His readings are reasonably priced and appointments can be made by phoning him at 401-1810.
- Visit Lalo’s website for more information, lalovisions.com. That’s lalovisions.com.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS AERIAL TRAMWAY www.pstramway.com
- The Tramway is now open Thursday through Monday. Advance ticket purchase only by visiting pstramway.com.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS ART MUSEUM www.psmuseum.org
- Palm Springs Art Museum is now open Thursday-Sunday at reduced capacity. Tickets must be secured in advance at www.psmuseum.org. There are five new exhibitions on view including two featuring desert icon Agnes Pelton.
- The Architecture and Design Center will reopen in September.
- The outdoor Faye Sarkowsky Sculpture Garden in Palm Desert is now open to the public everyday from sunrise to sunset.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS CULTURAL CENTER/CAMELOT THEATRES www.psculturalcenter.org
- Coming for Modernism Week on April 18- ALOHANA- a celebration of Palm Springs tiki culture returns to the desert. Wander a vintage tiki and mod marketplace, indulge in exotic cocktails, watch Hula dancers, and celebrate all things TIKI!