Desert Care Network Segment – July 11, 2020
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 2 – Desert Care Network Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER/COMPREHENSIVE CANCER CENTER w/ Dr. Tim Tyler re: 1180 N. Indian Cyn., Palm Springs, CA.
– His specialized services and educational background.
– REPORT that even during this Pandemic, Cancer DOES NOT SLOW DOWN. DCN goes to great lengths to create a “safe” environment for their Cancer patients. How DCN/CCC is dealing w/ the increased anxiety.
– DISCUSSION that the 100 ICU beds @ all the hospitals are full and patients are possibly being sent to San Francisco. More patients were coming in from the Eastern Coachella Valley.
– CALL ahead of time before coming to DCN if you have symptoms. Can’t compromise the patients in the Comprehensive Cancer Center OF COURSE!!
– DISCUSSION of the subject of drugs bought in Mexico. These drugs are manufactured differently sometimes, not patent-protected any longer, etc. Possibly have a different “window” of effectiveness and need close monitoring.
– DISCUSSION of Dr. Tyler’s information about a possible vaccine.