Restaurant of the Week Segment – May 23, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – Restaurant of the Week Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
Click HERE for information about COVID-19 from Desert Oasis Healthcare and the Centers for Disease Control.
LATE BREAKING NEWS….Yesterday, May 22, the Mayor of Palm Springs announced the re-opening of all restaurants and businesses in Palm Springs!!!
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK w/ Willie Rhine re: “Eight4Nine Restaurant and Lounge”. 849 N. Palm Cyn., Dr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT that he hopes to be open soon and the entire restaurant has been cleaned from floor to ceiling.
– REPORT on take-out and curbside and save 20% if you call the restaurant directly. Can use any of the delivery services to deliver it to you. 7 days a week from 11 AM to 2 PM and then from 4:30 to 8 PM.
– No catering yet!!!
– REPORT that the restaurant is prepared for social distancing when they re-open. The summer nights will be lovely outside. All tables, inside and out are at least 6 feet apart.
– REPORT that you will enter the restaurant w/ a mask. The staff will all have masks. Purse hooks to hold masks and purses. Tables completely sanitized in-between all guests.
– REPORT on new “placemat” disposable menu and disposable salt and pepper shakers.
– REPORT that the staff will be carefully monitored health wise. Bathroom attendant has been hired to keep the bathrooms sanitized AFTER every single guest, at least on the weekends. Willie’s innovation!!!
– DISCUSSION of the new slightly smaller menu w/ all of the favorites.