Mayor’s Segment – March 7, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – Mayor’s Segment
CITY OF PALM SPRINGS w/ Mayor Geoff Kors re: 3200 E. Tahquitz Cyn., Way, Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT on the press conference on 3.5 @ City Hall on the Corona Virus. Very well attended by so many civic, community and political leaders. Presented all current information, but if things change the Mayor will update us in a timely manner.
– REPORT of his meeting w/ Gov. G. Newsom and the fact that he declared CA. to be in a State of Emergency.
– Reach out to the Riverside County Public Health agency. www.rivcoph.org and (951) 358-5000
– NO CONFIRMED cases in Riverside County.
– REPORT on state allowed program DESERT COMMUNITY ENERGY. 50% of your power will be delivered by Edison and the other 50% by DCE and the monies from DCE will stay here in our community.
– 1st year alone will generate $3.5 million for our community.
– April 1, all citizens will automatically be started in this program and it will be 100% Carbon free!!!! SINGLE BIGGEST THINGS Palm Springs residents can do to reduce our carbon footprint.
– WILL COST LESS AND BE AMAZING FOR THE ENVIRONMENT!!!
– Provisions for low income and certain families to help thru a non-profit to absorb the increased costs.
– People w/ solar will get separate notices in May.
– FOR INFORMATION Call NOW (855) 357-9240 www.desertcommunityenergy.org.
– DISCUSSION of his history and his passion for service.