Insurance Segment – February 23, 2019
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 1 – Insurance Segment
ASCEND INSURANCE w/ Dennis Van Buskirk re: 36917 Cook Street, #101, Palm Desert, CA. 92211.
– DISCUSSION of flood insurance that he writes. No elevation certificate is required. Regular home insurance doesn’t include flood insurance.
– Certain areas in the Coachella Valley. i.e. Indio, C.C., P.S. and all of Desert Hot Springs. FEMA sets the guidelines for what constitutes a flood zone.
– Ascend Ins. Has been in business for over 23 years.
He can save all the residents in Tala Vera section of Indio lots of money because they are ALL a flood zone. Will be less money but more coverage. Have to wait for the renewal date for your policy.
– Once you pay off your mortgage, whether or not you have flood insurance is up to you. Flood insurance has to be water that comes from the inside.
– Car insurance doesn’t cover flood damage to your car.
– No brokerage fees, free estimates, and they speak Spanish.